Siân compartirá su conocimiento tanto a los alumnos de Grado de Ingeniería Informática cómo a los miembros de GRIHO, de INSPIRES y, en general, con toda persona interesada.
Estas son las Actividades académicas previstas:
7th of April
12:00 to 13:00: INSPIRES research seminar (classroom 2.01 EPS)
- Título: Digital Possessions
- Resumen: Increasingly the things that matter to us are digital, be they stored on computers and mobile devices, synced across Cloud services, generated as social media, or curated via sites like Pinterest. In our recent research, myself and my colleagues have been exploring what digital possessions are, where they are hosted and stored, how users interact with them, and what this means for their relationships with them. This work has two strands. Firstly, we have conducted research to understand how people experience and manage their digital content in a networked world. Our research indicates that people feel a less assured sense of possession over content stored in the Cloud, that mechanisms to allow them to ‘keep’ new forms of content are often lacking, and that sharing ownership of possessions has to be done differently when those possessions are digital rather than physical. Secondly, we have undertaken conceptual work to reimagine how we might conceptualise the computer file and the actions that are bound up with it. We argue that the ‘file’ metaphor, and the actions that have traditionally been associated with it (copy, delete, etc.) are losing their salience in a networked world, where copies proliferate across services and devices, and deleting content carries new uncertainties.
17:00 to 19:00: HCI class (classroom 0.04 EPS)
- Clase de HCI en la asignatura Interacción Persona-Ordenador de 2o curso del GEI.
- Título: Personal Information Management in a Networked World
- Resumen: In this lecture, I will cover some of the challenges that are associated with personal information management when digital content is distributed across a network of personal devices and online services. Students will learn how management of digital ‘cherished possessions’ throws up a different set of problems to the management of physical belongings, but also offers new opportunities for design.
8th of April
9:00 to 11:00: UCD class (classroom 2.01 EPS)
- Clase en la asignatura Diseño Centrado en el Usuario de 3r curso del GEI.
- Título: New Metaphors for Managing Digital Content
- Resumen: In this lecture, I will cover some of the challenges that are associated with personal information management when digital content is distributed across a network of personal devices and online services, and outline the role of metaphors in approaches to dealing with these.
La visita ha sido financiada por la Convocatoria del Programa de Ayudas para favorecer la internacionalización de la UdL.